Wednesday 21 June 2023

Marcus Cope: Always On My Mind

 


Always On My Mind (Part 2) opens Thursday 31st of August 2023 and features the work of 16 artists including:


Marcus Cope

Q) What’s always on your mind these days and is it having an impact on your art work?
Marcus Cope: "There are so many things on my mind at the moment, they range from the daily duties and responsibilities that come from having a family and pets, to memories, particularly the trauma of my childhood, to my hopes and aspirations for the future for myself, my loved ones and society as a whole. One word that often comes to mind when thinking about this stuff is chaos, and that word definitely has an impact on my work, I fill the works with chaos of my own making." 
2) Can you name an art exhibition, art book or artist that changed the way you think?
"Daniel Richter's solo exhibition Lonely Old Slogans at Camden Arts Centre in 2017." 
3) What work(s) are you thinking of putting in the "Always On My Mind Part 2" exhibition?
"I may include the painting Dead Man's Coat, which is a work that depicts me wearing a coat that a friend passed on to me that had belonged to an artist who I admired who had recently died. The scene is set in winter, taken from a photo my daughter took of me in our local park in the snow. In the foreground is a body under a white blanket."


The opening party for Always on my Mind Part 2 is Thursday 31st August 6pm till 9pm at Fitzrovia Gallery, 139 Whitfield Street W1T 5EN

No comments:

Post a Comment