Saturday 21 May 2022

Billy Childish takes part in Always On My Mind exhibition in aid of The National Brain Appeal

 

The much loved English painter, author, poet, singer and guitarist Billy Childish is supporting the National Brain Appeal charity. 


Two very collectable prints will be part of the Always On My Mind exhibition which takes part in the last week of July at London's Fitzrovia Gallery.

Above: the eternal now (bridge over the seine), 2020

Giclee print on 310 gsm Hahnemule German Etching paper
30.5 x 38.2 cm
Edition of 40 prints
Signed and numbered by the artist in green pencil
Billy says: "I made this painting after a visit to Paris.
I  wanted to take my 15 year old son to see the van Gogh's at the museum d'Orsay as he was interested in becoming a painter.  Also I had never visited the Louvre and wanted to look at the Delacroix's there."
Above: two states of mind, 2021
Giclee print on 310 gsm Hahnemule German Etching paper
30.5 x 38.2 cm
Edition of 40 prints
Signed and numbered by the artist in green pencil
Billy says: "I had a serious breakdown when I was 58. I was put on medication but didn't like it so came off and have been trying to use natural remedies. This would have been painted when I was tipping between normal me and desolation me."
----
Both reproduction prints of oil and charcoal on linen paintings
Prints courtesy of the artist and L-13 Light Industrial Workshop
Photography by Rikard Osterlund.

No comments:

Post a Comment