Wednesday 5 July 2023

Dominic Kennedy: Always On My Mind

Always On My Mind (Part 2) opens Thursday 31st of August 2023 and features the work of 16 artists including: 

Dominic Kennedy


Can you name  an art exhibition, art book or artist that changed the way you think? 

Dominic: "I could choose several examples but perhaps in the last 10 years, one exhibition that stands out and had an impact on my work was the Matisse The Cut-Outs show at Tate Modern in 2014." 

What work(s) are you thinking of putting in the "Always On My Mind Part 2" exhibition? 

"I’ve been working directly onto colour card in oil and crayon for a while now so I’ll be showing one of these." 



(Above: Oil and crayon on card 42.1 x 59.3cm)

The National Brain Appeal provide much-needed funds to support The National Hospital for Neurology & Neurosurgery and the UCL Queen Square Institute of Neurology – together known as Queen Square. This is one of the world’s leading centres for the diagnosis, treatment and care of patients with neurological and neuromuscular conditions. These include stroke, multiple sclerosis, brain cancer, epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, and dementia. Have you or your loved ones ever suffered with any of these things?

"Yes, my Grandma had dementia and I saw how it impacted on her life and those closest to her, particularly my mum."



The opening party for Always on my Mind Part 2 is Thursday 31st August 6pm till 9pm at Fitzrovia Gallery, 139 Whitfield Street W1T 5EN

More info on Dom: Here


No comments:

Post a Comment