Saturday 24 November 2018

Nick Revell reviews 'Funny Business' at Shortwave Gallery


The esteemed comedy writer and performer, Nick Revell ventured to Shortwave to experience, 'Funny Business' an exhibition featuring paintings by; Geraldine Swayne, Jasper Joffe, Kate Lyddon, Sadie Hennessey, and Harry Pye - and Gordon Beswick was there to film the results. The 'Funny Business' exhibition gets taken down on November 28th so catch it while you can. Shortwave is a 5 minute walk from Bermondsey tube station and is open 7 days a week (8.30am til 10.30pm)

(Below:) Geraldine Swayne - Nick says of Geraldine's work: "I love that one... such a little sledgehammer. It's clever, disturbing and challenging." 
(Below)Jasper Joffe - Nick says of Jasper's work: "I like the colour of it. I like the liveliness of it and like the way he's stuck it over a fire alarm."

(Below) Kate Lyddon - Nick says of Kate's work: "She often makes strange, grotesque images. This one intrigues me and makes me think there's a story there that I could unpick or unravel."

(Below) Sadie Hennessey Nick says of Sadie's work: "I like it it's boldness and cheekiness and how it plays around with your perspective."

(Below) Harry Pye Nick says of Harry's work: "There's something about the solemnity of the two outside figures and the contrasting tones..and I like the cat obviously."

You can watch Nick auditioning for Andrew Graham Dixon's job: here


http://www.nickrevell.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment